Matteo Roffilli was born in Livorno - Toscana - Italy on July 27th 1976. On 1983 he moved to Padova, Italy, and on 1993 to Cesena, Italy.
On 1995 he received Italian diploma from State High School Liceo Classico Statale V. Monti, Cesena, Italy.
He received Italian Dott. degree (MS degree) in Computer Science from Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences University of Bologna, Italy, on July 15th 1999.
He received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Department of Computer Science on April 27th 2006.
In the period 2002-2009, he worked as researcher at Department of Physics at University of Bologna - Italy.
In the period 2006-2011, he worked as Post-Doc researcher at Computer Science - Cesena at University of Bologna - Italy.
Matteo has been co-founder of the hi-tech startups eTecne srl, Arcadia Lab srl, Keisna srl, Bioretics srl.
Sept 26th, 2018 , TECHNOLOGY FORUM, LIFE SCIENCES, MILAN, Matteo Roffilli, CEO of Bioretics srl, has been invited to 4th Technology Forum Life Sciences.
May 2nd, 2018, hold a Seminar titled:"Real-world applications of machine&deep learning in medicine and industry" at University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Dept. of Physics, Informatics and Mathematics.
April 4th, 2018 EVOBIO, PARMA, presentation of Poster in cooperation with LENS titled "Automatic segmentation of neurons in 3D samples of human brain cortex".
Dec 14th, 2017, Towards a perceptive microscope: deep learning-based image analysis in the Human Brain Project, Intel Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning Workshop in Bologna.
Oct 25th, 2017, 18:30 - 21:30 - Talk at The Future of AI with NVIDIA, Il Caffè della Corte, Corte Isolani 5/B, Bologna.
May 6th, 2016, 11:00 - 13:00 - "Computer, Machine, and Human Vision" - Talk at Department of Physics and Astronomy - Unibo, viale Berti Pichat 8, Room 1.Research
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Computer Vision and Machine Vision
- Pattern Recognition in Life Science and Medical Imaging
- Theory behind Convolutional Neural Network (CNN), Support Vector Machine (SVM) and Relevance Vector Machine (RVM)
- HPC, CELL BE, GP-GPU, OpenCL, OpenMP, MPI and SWAR optimization
- C/C++/C#/CUDA/Python interoperability
- Georeferenced algorithms, GIS, QGIS, Remote Sensing Data Analysis
- Italian Regional Project: "Sistema di controllo della qualità superficiale in linea per ortofrutta", E18C15000260007, POR-FES 2014-2020, ASSE 1 Ricerca e Innovazione, Regione Emilia-Romagna, with SER.MAC srl
- COACH - Choice-On-A-CHip COTS open hardware implementation of Pattern Recognition algorithms for quality control, Incentivo Ricerca Polaris, Sardegna Ricerche, with Bioretics srl (general contractor) and CRS4 srl
- VINTAGE: A user friendly Decision Support System for an integrated vineyard management, for addressing quality and quantity production variability optimising the use of resources. European FP7 Grant Agreement n. 286608 with Labor srl
- BEinGRID Business Experiments in GRID, is the European Union's largest integrated project funded by the Information Society Technologies (IST-2005-2.5.4 ADVANCED GRID TECHNOLOGIES, SYSTEMS AND SERVICES) research, part of the EU's sixth research Framework Programme (FP6), with Prof. Vittorio Maniezzo
- OLDES Older People's e-services at home funded by the Information Society Technologies (FP6-2005-IST-62 IST-2005-2.6.2-AAL), part of the EU's sixth research Framework Programme (FP6), with Prof. Renato Campanini
- Italian National Project FIRB 2005-2008: "La rappresentazione delle conoscenze organizzative: modelli e applicazioni digitali a supporto dei sistemi distribuiti di imprese", RBNE03A9A7_005, with Prof. Alessandro Lomi
- GFOSS.it Geographic Free/Open-Source Software Italy 2013-14
- AMFM GIS (Automated Mapping / Facilities Management / Geographic Information Systems) Italy 2012-13
- I.N.F.N. (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare) National Institute for Nuclear Physics- division of Bologna - Italy
- AISB (The Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour) 2005-06
- Eurographics (European Association for Computer Graphics) 2005-06
- Programming languages: Assembler, C, C++, C#, .NET, Python, Fortran, Matlab, SQL, LaTex
- Operating systems: good practical and theoretical knowledge (Desktop and Enterprise Server) of Windows and Linux
- Systems administration, network management, Linux server administration, database planning, implementation and administration